450g of flour
225 ml of milk
25g of sugar
a pinch of salt
25 g fresh yeast (one whole square)
1. First we heat the milk for a few seconds in the microwave, add the sugar and yeast, let it rest for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile we sift the flour with the help of a strainer, add the salt and reserve until the 10 minutes have elapsed.
3. Once this time has passed, we add the milk and yeast and mix, it will be totally diluted in this base.
4. We beat the egg in another container and add it to the flour, mix again. You can use some rods or the mixer. The rods will provide us with a slower finish, the faster mixer.
5. We heat the butter slightly in the microwave if it is hard, the ideal is to have it at room temperature.
6. Add the butter to the dough and mix. We knead the dough with our hands and work for a few minutes.
7. There’s no rush to create the perfect sleeping bread. When ready, make a ball with the dough and cover with a cloth.
8. We let it rest for 90 minutes in a place free of drafts, for example inside the microwave or a cupboard.
9. During this resting time, the yeast will make the dough grow in size, something important to achieve a fluffy milk bread.
10. After the rising time, we divided the dough into equal portions. We make balls and then flatten them with a plate and with a knife we cut the ends to give it the rectangular shape.
11. We make three diagonal cuts on the surface of the breads, to give them the traditional shape. Actually, we can give it the shape that we like best.
12. Place the loaves on the baking tray, and cover with a cloth. Let rest for 25 minutes before baking.
13. This step will make the dough more fluffy and tender. A little before the end of the rest time, beat an egg and paint the buns.
14. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the milk breads for 10 minutes, turn off the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes