Pulled beef brisket chilli. Nearly ready! Just needs to thicken with the lid off… going to serve on a jacket potato with salad, sour cream and some grated cheese for good measure.
Beef brisket joint (got mine from ASDA, around £6)
Rich beef stock pot
Mallon smoked sea salt
1) chop veggies and place in slow cooker for 20mins (whilst it heats up)
2) season brisket with salt and pepper and seal in pan
3) once it’s caramelised, add rest of spices and seal into beef
4) place in slow cooker, add tomatoes and beef stock pot
5) cook on high for six hours
6) remove lid, stir, taste and re-season… I added extra paprika.. then add 1tsp of cocoa powder
7) leave lid off, add beans and continue to cook for 1hr.