A classic Southern Potato Salad, just like Grandma used to make; this easy old-fashioned side-dish is creamy, tangy deliciousness. And, it’s full of crunchy dill pickles, yellow mustard, mayonnaise, and must-have hard-boiled eggs!
When I was a young kid, I loved being my mother’s helper in the kitchen, especially when she made her famous potato salad. I always beat my siblings to the front of the taste tester line on southern-style potato salad days because it was my absolute favorite!
What is southern potato salad?
When I think of southern-style food, fried chicken and potato salad immediately come to mind. I can’t imagine going to a potluck supper, a backyard cookout or holiday get together without a big bowl of potato salad and fried chicken front and center.
- 3 pounds of russet potatoes
- 1 cup of mayo (adjust if you want more or less)
- ¼ Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp of sugar
- ½ cup sweet pickles
- 1 stalk of chopped celery
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 large, hard-boiled eggs, cut into pieces
Continued on next page