Recipe video above. Everybody loves a good sausage recipe, and this is the great British classic! Affectionately known as “Bangers and Mash” to Aussies and Brits, this is so easy to make, you will never ever use a store bought gravy powder!
- ▢1/2 tbsp oil
- ▢8 sausages of choice (Note 1)
- ▢1 large onion , halved and finely sliced (yellow, white or brown) (Note 2)
- ▢2 garlic cloves , minced
- ▢3 tbsp flour (plain)
- ▢2 cups beef stock/broth , low sodium, store bought or homemade (Note 3)
- ▢1/4 tsp salt
- ▢1/2 tsp black pepper
- ▢Mashed potato
- Cook sausages: Heat oil in a large skillet / fry pan over medium high heat. Add sausages and cook, turning, until browned as much as possible all over and cooked through. Cook time will differ depending on sausage size – mine take around 8 minutes.
- Remove sausages onto a plate. Turn heat down to medium.
Continued on next page